Tag Archives: disney parks
The Disney Parks Blog has announced new iPhone 5 cases will be available. Will you pick up one of the new cases?
Rating:Official Site: New Trent
When touring the Disney Parks, I am constantly tweeting pictures and videos of things I see and experience. Needless to say, my phone battery would drain quickly as it struggles to get the 3G connection to actually allow the media to get posted. There are often times it takes several retries to get a successful post or connection. I had a tendency to try to make sure to pace my usage so I wouldn’t run out of power before my next opportunity to plug-in and charge.
I started meeting more and more people who had battery packs that they would carry around in the parks, which allowed them to use their devices as much as they wanted! I met 5 different people using the same brand of battery pack, and it was New Trent. Everyone had great things to say about their experiences with the device, and highly recommended that I get one. It seemed obvious that I needed to give this a try.
I purchased the New Trent iCarrier battery pack, which at least two of my new friends owned. The pack has 2 USB ports, comprising of one at 1A and the other at 2A. The 2A port is what you will need for the typical tablet device. Either port will work great with the typical smartphone. Both ports can be used at the same time, so that you can keep the devices full of power. The 12000mAh capacity is described as having the ability to
- Charge a “new iPad” (iPad3) : to 80%
- Charge an iPad2 : 1.2-times
- Charge an iPhone5 : 6-times
- Charge an Android Galaxy S2 : 6-times
I now carry this battery pack with me whenever I am traveling, whether I am in the Parks or on a plane. I just use my phones and Kindle Fire as much as I want, knowing I can charge-up and keep having fun.
The Disney Parks Blog has announced new phone cases for iPhones and Androids, are coming this fall.
It appears that they will be focusing on iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S III cases. They seem to be using on-demand printing to do these, which is why they are “limited edition.” I suspect that this allows them to quickly adapt to different themes and styles that are coming out, while not having to make a huge commitment to a specific phone model. We all know that phone styles, shapes, and models change quickly and can certainly create an issue for such a niche market.
Check Out the Original Article
Where’s My Water has a hidden level!
“…there’s now a hidden level inspired by Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, featuring a variety of pipes with twists and turns, plus three different choices of two black pipes down which the player can send the water.”
Official Site: Disney Parks
This app has been out for awhile, and I have been intentionally holding-off reviewing it. I wanted to take time to reflect on it and try not to sound too positive about it. Admittedly time did get away from me a little bit, but… on with the show!
Launching the Disney Mobile Magic app on your iPhone, you’ll be asked if the app can access your location (GPS) information. If you want to fully utilize the app, you really should consider enabling this, as it will provide more information and functionality… especially when in the Disney Parks.
I was not in the Parks while I was making these screen shots, so I’ll show you what can be expected in that condition.
The app will next ask whether you want to explore Disneyland or Walt Disney World. Being the Disneyland fan that I am, we’ll jump to the Disneyland Resort, and look for some Disney Magic!
Here you’ll see that you can choose the specific park within the Disneyland Resort and the warning that being in the park will provide more details. You’ll also see the evidence of when I first started reviewing this app and gathering my thoughts! The app provides a list of times for different shows and events, helping you plan your day in the park.
If there were any particular events you wanted to make sure you attended, you can ask the app to give you a reminder. Selecting the event, you can also look at a more detailed description of what the event is all about.
We are now greeted with a map of the park, and a menu to select an attraction. Selecting an attraction will allow you to check on the time it opens, if you are in the parks you’ll see wait time and FastPass details.
If you are wanting to learn more about different Disney characters, you can find lots of info within the app. Here we navigate to learn more about our favorite mouse, Mickey! If you are using this app, you are likely already familiar with all of the characters, but it might be useful for entertaining your younger touring buddies while waiting in line.
If you are in need of information about the dining options at the Disneyland Resort, you can find a wealth of information to meet your needs. You can use the search criteria to help you find a dining option. You can learn about the price range, hours, and menu items. If it is a place that allows for reservations, it will even give you the number to to call Disney.
The Disney Mobile Magic app also has a variety of other information, including current weather and forecast. The app also provides information about guest services and transportation.
One interesting thing they threw into the app is a trivia game. This is another fun thing to pass the time while you are in line, ore to help with anticipation of an upcoming trip.
Assuming you have an upcoming trip, you can add the details in the app as well. However, it seems like a tedious process that is likely to be done by too many people. I suppose different people have different excitement levels that may make it interesting.
You are able to navigate around the main map discovering attractions and the park. It is a fun way to explore the parks we love so much!
Disney seems to have thought of everything, including their on-property hotels!
Note in the official description:
Verizon customers will have access to additional, premium features like more video and extra games within the app
Overall, it feels as if Disney put a lot of thought and effort into this application. In some ways, it seems like they put too much into it and made it bigger than it needed to be. There are enough features that it should have something for everyone, as different people tour the parks in different ways. Reportedly, there will be a new NextGen app being released by Disney that will obsolete this one. I think they have a lot of expectations to live up to between this app and the hype about NextGen. Let’s see what the future magic holds!
Disney Parks and Verizon present Disney Mobile Magic – a fun and simple way to get the most out of your Disney Vacation. Use GPS-enabled maps to get around the Parks, locate some of your favorite characters for a special greeting and even make dining reservations.
When you are in the Parks you can check official attraction wait times and Disney’s FASTPASS® return times for the Park you’re in. You can also play trivia and plan your upcoming visit with the Favorites feature.
And Verizon customers will have access to additional, premium features like more video and extra games within the app*.
Disney Mobile Magic, powered by Verizon, encompasses all of the Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort:
Seven Walt Disney World Resort Guides:
– Magic Kingdom® Park
– Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
– Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park
– Disney’s Blizzard Beach
– Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon
– Downtown Disney® Area
– Plus information on Dining and Disney Resort Hotels
Three Disneyland Resort Guides:
– Disneyland® Park
– Disney California Adventure® Park
– Downtown Disney® District
– Plus information on Dining and Disney Resort Hotels
Official Park & Attraction Information:
– Upon arrival into our Parks you will gain access to official wait times and FASTPASS® return times for the Park that you are in
– Review detailed information on attractions: photos, descriptions, locations, height requirements and more
Interactive GPS-Enabled Guide Maps:
– View each Park and it’s attractions, dining, character greetings and more with our interactive GPS-enabled Park guide maps
– Once you are in the Parks, view wait times at a glance on interactive guide maps
– Search for some of your favorite characters, find out where they are located, when you can meet them, and more
Dining Guide and Reservations:
– Explore our vast dining options by filtering your search by mealtime, location, cuisine type and more
– Check out restaurant menus and hours
– And best of all, make reservations right from your mobile phone
– Create a personalized tip board with all your must dos
– Plan your dream vacation by selecting favorite attractions, characters, and dining options
– Get in the Disney mood right away with the interactive Disney Trivia game — you can even challenge other Park guests with your Disney Trivia knowledge.
Verizon Premium Features*:
– Access to premium video content with over 100 behind the scenes, seasonal, sneak peak videos and more!
– Experience Pirates games that test your knowledge of the famous attraction and help determine your very own pirate name
– Beat the Disney Character Puzzle and see if you have what it takes to guess who the character is before the timer expires
– Take the Disney Character Quiz and find out which character is most like you
* Message and data rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may differ by handset. Coverage not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.
Official Site: Disneyland.com
Last week, the Disney Parks Blog announced an update to the Disneyland Explorer iPad app, to now include Cars Land and Buena Vista Street! It is great to see the continued effort for this app, as some vendors tend to move on to new apps and neglect their older ones.
Official Update Notes:
What’s New in Version 2.0
• The newly expanded Disney California Adventure Park comes to life with two new areas to explore: Buena Vista Street and Cars Land
• Two fun new activities: Test your skills at Luigi’s Flying Tires and explore Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
• Updated for Retina display
• New slideshows for many of the attractions (500+ images!)
• Minor updates and fixes
Official App Description:
The Happiest App on Earth Just Got Happier!
We’ve added new sections to keep up with the exciting changes at Disney California Adventure® Park. Explore the bustling Buena Vista Street and cruise into the amazing new Cars Land! And there’s plenty more!
Explore the sights and sounds of Disneyland® Resort with this official Disney Parks application, available only on iPad. Discover the Magic as you swipe your way through an incredible photo-fantastic re-creation of Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park, Downtown Disney® District, and all three Hotels of the Disneyland Resort. Along the way, enjoy exciting interactive activities based on classic attractions.
• Now you can explore Buena Vista Street and Cars Land
• Enjoy two new activities: Luigi’s Flying Tires and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
• Updated for Retina Display
• Photo slide shows
• Highlights from over 150 attractions, characters, and entertainment across the Resort
• Gorgeous Retina quality imagery, from photographs and 360 panoramas to live action video and animation
• Exclusive digital postcards you can share with your friends
And don’t miss all the exciting activities based on your favorite attractions:
• Show off your skills and hit the target at Luigi’s Flying Tires
• Explore Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree and watch some of Mater’s Tall Tales
• Fire a cannon on the high seas in Pirates of the Caribbean
• Create your own musical water show in World of Color
• Poke around Mickey’s House and take in some classic cartoons
• And many more!
It was announced on the Disney Parks Blog, that new cases have been released, and more will be coming.
The top two of the above cases are Limited Edition to 2,012. I personally bought the California Adventure Attraction Posters one, and am happy with the fit.
In July, some additional cases will be released, which also have a retro feel:
You can now buy your Disneyland park tickets from your mobile device! Let’s take a quick tour through the process…
Start by going to http://m.disneyland.com on your smart phone. Scroll down a little, and you will see the button to click to buy tickets for Disneyland.
The next page shows you the ticket prices, allows you to choose quantity, and then fill in all the information… including payment. Click Continue at the bottom to confirm your order! If everything looks correct, you can finish the purchase.
It is great to see Disney Parks embracing the mobile technology and methods for purchasing tickets. With the expected crowds at the Disneyland Resort this summer, it will be nice to have another option for people to buy their tickets!
The official announcement on Disney Parks Blog “Disneyland Resort Guests Can Now Purchase Park Tickets Through Their Smart Phones” :
Disneyland Resort guests have a new way to purchase theme park tickets – from their smart phones! Starting today, the Disneyland Resort will begin testing this technology at the Main Entrance during busy times, all in an effort to help guests get their tickets and get into the parks faster to start enjoying their day. This is just one more option for guests, in addition to purchasing tickets at Resort ticket booths or from Disneyland.com.
From your smart phone, go to m.disneyland.com and select “Buy Tickets” from the home page. Right now, only 1-Day 1-Park, and 1-Day Park Hopper tickets are available, but 2-Day tickets will be added to the service later. After entering the number of tickets you want (up to a maximum of 15), and your credit card information, you will receive a confirmation with a barcode that will be scanned as you enter the park for which you’ve purchased your ticket. From there, you will be given a paper park ticket, which is still needed for park hopping or re-entry if you should leave the park and return later.
Rating:Official Site: Laughing Place Apps
As a visitor to this site, it is assumed that you are a Disney fan and are likely attempt to visit the Disney Parks as often as possible. The WDW Resort Researcher app intends to help you satisfy your resort planning questions.
The app starts with a sparse interface, presenting a list of resort options at the Walt Disney World resorts. If you select one of the resorts, it will present you with an overall rating with a few teasers of user provided reviews. Near the top you’ll see two buttons, one for pictures and the other is the price calculator.
Today, InsidetheMagic.net reported about a new Epcot Food & Wine Festival Mobile Guide. Apparently there will be QR codes around the event which will take you to the mobile guide. I did find that it took me to a slightly different version of the guide depending on whether I used the link or QR code to get to the site. Regardless, I think it is very interesting that Disney is beginning to do these special event sites, much like the one they did for the recent D23 Expo. It would seem that these are fairly inexpensive to develop, but can provide great value to the users.
For more info and great pictures, go check out Inside the Magic.