Category Archives: Blog
To celebrate Star Wars Day on May 4th (May the 4th be with you!), Google Play is discounting Star Wars themed games, apps, and ebooks!
Disney has released a brief video providing an inside perspective of what it takes to make a hit game like “Where’s My Water?”
The Disney Parks Blog has announced new iPhone 5 cases will be available. Will you pick up one of the new cases?
Official Site: Google Maps
While Google isn’t Disney per-se, it is likely you use some sort of mapping app to get to the Parks. When Apple released iOS6, they replaced the built-in app from using Google’s technology to their own. There was plenty of groans and complaints about the change. It is likely that there is going to be a lot of discussion about this re-invisioned app. If you have been waiting for Google to come out with their own mobile maps app, you can finally breathe a sigh of relief!
The official Google announcement for Google Maps.
Navigate your world with Google Maps, now available for iPhone. Get comprehensive, accurate and easy-to-use maps with built-in Google local search, voice guided turn-by-turn navigation, public transit directions, Street View and more. Use Google Maps to discover great places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and reviews from people you trust. Sign in to save your favorite places and quickly access all your past searches and directions from your computer, right on your phone.
* Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
* Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
* Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
* Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
* Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
* Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
* View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
* See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
* View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
Simple and easy to use
* An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone.
* Newly designed and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.
* Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.
From the article…
Here’s what Disney is planning for tomorrow:
- The launch of 40 new levels featuring the character Dr. Doofenschmirtz in Where’s My Perry?, which will cost 99 cents, plus 20 new free levels
- The addition of a new character, King Fergus, to Temple Run Brave, which will cost 500,000 coins
- The addition of a new mini-game, Turbo Time, to Wreck-It-Ralph
- The launch of the second episode of Avengers Initiative, featuring Captain America (the first episode focused on the Hulk)
- The launch of a new game called Monster’s Inc. Run, a side-scrolling game made in partnership with Get Set, the developers of Mega Run (Disney used a similar partnership to create Temple Run Brave)
And here’s what Disney is planning for December 20:
- The launch of a reef-building game called Nemo’s Reef, tying in to the 3D rerelease of Finding Nemo
- The launch of Where’s My Holiday?, a holiday-themed variant on Where’s My Water? and Where’s My Perry?
You can find the original story and more details HERE.
When I first purchased a Kindle Fire, there were only a handful of Disney related apps available. It is now a little over a year later, and things have changed dramatically. More and more people are asking me about apps for their Kindle device, so I figured it was time to give a simple pointer!
The Disney Parks Blog has announced new phone cases for iPhones and Androids, are coming this fall.
It appears that they will be focusing on iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S III cases. They seem to be using on-demand printing to do these, which is why they are “limited edition.” I suspect that this allows them to quickly adapt to different themes and styles that are coming out, while not having to make a huge commitment to a specific phone model. We all know that phone styles, shapes, and models change quickly and can certainly create an issue for such a niche market.
Check Out the Original Article
Wreck-It ralph is now out in the theaters, so Disney has released the iPhone and iPad app celebrating the characters and games shown in the film. Having seen an early preview of the film, I am excited to give this app a try and see how it relates to the mobile experience.
If you are an Android user, you’ll have to wait a little bit to join in the fun.
Official Press Release :
Wreck-It Ralph Now Available for iOS Devices, Coming Soon to Select Android Devices
Disney Mobile Games today debuted Wreck-It Ralph and his arcade universe for iOS devices on the App Store at $0.99. Wreck-It Ralph showcases classic arcade culture with graphics, gameplay and animation made for modern mobile devices.
Wreck-It Ralph players get to experience the adventures of the big screen for themselves. Fans of the film venture forth from Game Central Station through the 8-bit graphic world of Fix-It Felix, Jr., the cy-bug blasting action of Hero’s Duty, and the sugarcoated heights of Sweet Climber.
The achievements system in Wreck-It Ralph offers players worldwide the ability to share their scores on Facebook. Players can also watch their Wreck-It Ralph universe grow with all-new mini-game updates such as the upcoming classic car racing game Turbo Time.
The world of Wreck-It Ralph represents a whole new mobile experience for both nostalgic players and audiences discovering arcade games for the first time. The game demonstrates Disney Mobile Games hopes to not only create its own unique characters and IP, but also build on projects from other parts of Disney.
Check out the trailer on YouTube:
Twitter and Facebook were buzzing today about Disney acquiring Lucasfilm! I was surprised, but it also makes a lot of sense as George Lucas has been looking to retire. Is there a better company than Disney to take over the control? I hadn’t seen anything in the printed press release, but TechCrunch had a mobile angle on the acquisition…
…”CEO Bob Iger responded that the company is “likely to focus more on social and mobile than we are on console.” However, he added that Disney will look at console games “opportunistically,” using licensing deals to allow other companies to create Star Wars games for cosnoles.”
We just received word that Disney is offering their Cars 2 app for free on iTunes! No risk to give it and have some fun with your favorite Cars characters!
Official Announcement :
Beginning today, Disney Mobile Games will be making Cars 2, the platform racing title for iOS devices, free for a limited time! Players race as Mater, Lightning McQueen, rookie agent Holley Shiftwell, master spy Finn McMissile, and Europe’s mostfamous racecar, Francesco Bernoulli!
Race through three locations inspired by the film, including the mysterious Oil Rig, the streets of Tokyo, and the bridges of London. Tap to jump over obstacles, while using checkpoints, ramps, and hooks to gain an advantage and win the race.